Wrexham on Road Equine Riding Routes - Gyfelia
Each of the Wrexham Riding Routes has been designed so you can start and finish at any convenient point and choose a route length that is suitable for you.
These webrides can be printed off to take with you on your ride, this will help you to plan your route and to shorten or extend your ride around the area as desired.
This route is along quiet country lanes but does include crossing a B road at two points. The rest of the route is rural with very little traffic. The route includes a green lane track and a permissive bridleway through the pleasant Erddig estate. An interpretation board with details of the route is installed on the verge at The Old Crymbles near the southern end of the route.
The car parking mentioned at Bonc-y-Hafod Country Park is for public car parking and has a height restriction of 2 metres which will prevent horse box and trailer parking. Therefore please check the availability of parking before your ride.
- A route around the Gyfelia area near Ruabon
- A well signposted route using yellow marker signs
- A pleasant ride on unclassified rural roads
- Approximately 3 or 7 miles circular route
- Can be joined at any point
- Additional horse warning signs along the route